I am going to see Sex in the City movie, I cant wait for it. I was not a huge fan of the show but I did watch it from time to time. I think the movie tells women they can sleep around and not have any regard for how they are viewed. The show's message in my opinion is not a good one for young females because it tells females to use their bodies as an object and they should have no regard for who and how they sleep around. As for the music I listen to, music used to have meaning, I remember listening to oldies as my parents would call them and they would have a strong message on love and loving one another and respecting one another. Most of the music today shows none of that. The music today talks about using ones body as an object and what another person is going to do to it, as well as violence etc. I dont think the music today puts a good message out there for anyone. I was listening to Michael Bastden (for those that know him) on the radio today and he was talking about the movie sex and the city and the messages that are portrayed for boys as well as for girls. Many of his points were valid about educating girls and boys on thier gender roles in society and more so about respecting themselves and their bodies.
May 29, 2008 7:24:00 PM PDT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment