Friday, June 20, 2008

Wk 4

First I must commend you for adopting your daughter. So many children are passed over and fall victim to what I believe is a broken system for many reasons including gender issues which we are exploring here. However there are other issues that agencies choose to use to reject clients. I personally do not think its fair for adoption agencies to tell single parents or gay couples they are not worthy of adopting a child. They might really have a lot to offer children however are not even considered because of their marital status and/or sexual preferences. Just think about the single parent aspect; what if someone was so wrapped up their career that they didn’t make time for a relationship or had so many failed ones that they just stopped trying. But then they became established in their life and wanted to have a child. Yet they still have no partner; does this mean they are unfit to be a parent? No, I wouldn’t think they are. I just think it would be a different perspective for the child with just one parent. And as long as the parent balances that child’s life out I don’t see what the big deal would be. I do agree that how much you love, and nurture a child is what is important. One’s sexual preference has nothing to do with anything. As long as a person is responsible and has something to offer that child that would be worth while nothing else should matter.
June 6, 2008 8:40:00 AM PDT

No comments: